Jobs in Publishing in India for the week ending on 4th March 2023
Have you always dreamed of working in the Publishing industry in India, but do not know where to start? Fret not, we are here to help you with that. Every Tuesday, we will share a list of curated job openings (full-time and part-time) shared by publishing houses in various departments. The job details will be hyperlinked with all the necessary information for ease of access. So, just click and apply!
- Penguin Random House India
- Tinkle Comics Studio
- Penguin Random House
- Nu Voice Press
- Social Media Intern- Himalayan Writing Retreat
- Saurabh Garg
Penguin’s Sales team is looking for Senior Executive – Online Sales (International Platforms)
The ideal candidate should at least have 3-4 years of experience on the Amazon Seller Central platform, preferably with Amazon.com
This role encapsulates an all-round experience with the key areas of responsibility as online sales of books in overseas regions like the USA, UK, and Gulf countries on an e-commerce platform for Penguin Random India
If this role interests you, please apply to our website at the below link along with a copy of your CV.
Penguin Random House India is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, caste, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or disability.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
If you know someone who’s perfect for this role, do share this post with them!
Hi! We are looking for a Consultant Designer. Please reach out if you think you are the right fit!
We are looking for amazing Creative Partners for a groundbreaking initiative for publishing space.
Please, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you fit any of the roles below.
We, at Siyahi are constantly on the lookout for fresh, talented voices whose stories must be shared. From editing the manuscript to finding the right publisher and promoting the book after publication, we stand firm by our authors through it all. Our wide network of publishers includes leading Indian and international names. We also work with published writers to help catalyze vernacular and international translations of their books. We have sub-agents in USA, UK, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Korea, Brazil, and Germany, and also work directly with publishers worldwide. We are also recognized for organizing literary events – from intimate readings to international literary festivals.
Contact Person: Mita Kapur
Websites: siyahi.in; soulconnectexperiences.com
Please note that the applicant will have to undergo a two-month internship period (unpaid) before being hired for the job. Send your applications with your CV to email@example.com.
CURRENT OPENINGS– AGENCY MANAGER
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- Fluent writing and speaking skills (English)
- Must be based in Jaipur or willing to relocate
- Social Media savvy
- If you are good with content and HTML, bonus points
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handling day-to-day administrative duties
- Liaising with authors and publishers
- Working on marketing and promotions
- Handling events
- Reading and editing manuscripts
Other Jobs in the Literary Community
About the job
The Himalayan Writing Retreat (THWR) is a physical retreat tucked away in the Uttarakhand, Himalayas. It is a much loved destination of writers and poets, both for getting better at their craft and also to get away from distractions and write.
The retreat was co-founded in 2016 by two published authors – Chetan Mahajan & Dr. Vandita Dubey. The retreat is a boutique property of six rooms which is purpose-built for writers. It has incredible views and a very creative feel to it.
The retreat offers a variety of events. THWR uses many digital marketing channels. The retreat is now prominent in the writing landscape of India and attracts participants from across the world. Participants come to the retreat to elevate their craft. Guests come here seeking silence and inspiration and to get away from the urban grind.
The Himalayan Writing Retreat is looking for a part-time Social Media Intern. We have social media handles across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and a YouTube channel.
The intern is expected to:
- Attend literary events (lit fests, book launches, book fairs, conferences, readings, bookstore openings, anything else literary) in Delhi and cover them on our social media handles.
- Network and gain contacts, expand our community outreach by attending said events
- Write synopses of news pieces for the website and social media (example – https://www.instagram.com/p/CoKkNpmhoQf/)
- Make social media posts to promote new blogs on the website, make a weekly reel/carousel post of Lit News, make monthly carousel posts of upcoming fests and contests
- Keep up to date with all literary news
- Aid in any other areas if needed
- This is a part-time, Delhi-based, year long internship and is mutually extendable based on performance
- Paid internship (Stipend 3-5k)
- Expenses incurred when attending lit events will be reimbursed
- 14-day paid trip to The Himalayan Writing Retreat in Uttarakhand once a year. This will be subject to availability.
- Free access to all our writing courses – subject to availability (we give certificates too)
- Delhi based (no physical office)
Ideal candidate profile
Our team takes pride in its work, and we’re looking for a similar person.
We need someone fanatical. We don’t accept ‘Chalega’. The Social Media Intern will need to ensure that everything meets the standards already set.
A good command over English is essential as the Intern will be representing a writing retreat.
Experience: Prior experience not required but is a plus
Gender: All genders can apply. We’re LGBTQ-friendly.
Other criteria –
- Ideally looking for a literature student/lit grad living in Delhi
- Passionate about all things writing
- Adept at social media marketing tools. Knowledge of applications like Canva, Asana, Buffer/Hootsuite, Bitly, Meta Business Suite, Linktree, G-Suite, and WordPress would be an added plus
- Relevant writing experience/writing samples (not necessary, but preferred)
- Eager to learn and committed to our brand values
Work conditions and money
Chetan & Vandita are both thorough professionals who have worked both in India and abroad. They are sensitive managers, and good people to work with (no, we’re too small for Glassdoor, but our reviews may give you an idea).
The Intern will be entitled to 6 weeks of paid leave every year. This will be on mutual convenience.
We are looking for someone who can put in 10 hours a week.
The position reports to the Social Media Manager.
If you’re interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will stop accepting applications after March 15, 2023.
Come work with me and help me write more, publish more, think more, and most importantly, make me more consistent! PLEASE?