We are excited to announce our online workshop on Publishing happening in January 2023 in collaboration with Purple Pencil Project.
As announced in the previous post, this workshop will be led by Namrata, Founder of Keemiya Creatives.
Namrata is a board member at Purple Pencil Project apart from being a freelance writer and editor. A published author, she enjoys writing stories and think-pieces on travel, relationships, and gender. She is a UEA alumnus and has studied travel writing at the University of Sydney.
She is also an independent managing editor and a book reviewer. Her writings and essays on literary criticism can be found on various sites and magazines like the Asian Review of Books, Contemporary South Asia Journal of King’s College-London, Mad in Asia, The Friday Times, Daily Star, The Scroll, Feminism in India, The Brown Orient Journal, Kitaab, Inkspire Journal, Moonlight Journal, The Same, Chronic Pain India and Cafe Dissensus.
Since 2019, Namrata has also been closely working with publishing houses and authors on book promotions, writing mentorships, beta reading, and much more.
If you or someone you know is looking for guidance on how to get published, this workshop will have all the answers.
The workshop will teach you how to:
1. Pitch Your Book
2. Choose the right path for publishing
3. Choose the right publisher
4. Know what to expect from your publisher
5. Understand your rights as an author
The hour-long workshop will be followed by one hour of AMA (Ask Me Anything) which will answer specific queries that you may have, no matter the stage of the publishing journey you are on.
- Date: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Timings: 4:30 pm to 6: 30 pm IST, Online
- Cost: Rs. 750, to be paid online
- Age: 18+
How to sign up
1. Fill out the Google Form: https://lnkd.in/dbCRSV3i
2. After you sign up, a UPI ID will be shared for payment.
3. Once you send a screenshot of the payment made, the Zoom invitation will be sent to you.